Did You Know About the Senior Citizen Tax Credit?
We Will Help You Get the Senior Citizen Tax Credit That You Deserve
Important Information for Senior Citizens
- Are you a Senior citizen feeling like you are paying too much taxes?
- Are you a Senior citizen feeling like you are not able to get a break from CRA?
- Are you a Senior citizen and you are not aware of all the tax credits available to you?
Well you have come to the RIGHT PLACE!
We at Blackthorn Group specialize in helping senior citizens to receive more refunds when filing their taxes! Come visit us for your FREE consultation and see for yourself the results.
Today we will be providing you with simple yet powerful information on the senior citizen tax credit that can help put more money back into your pockets.
What Is the Senior Citizen Tax Credit?
The Senior Citizen Tax Credit is an annual grant you will receive from the government to help offset property tax costs for low to middle income-earning senior citizens who own their homes. The grant was $250 in 2009, but has increased to $500 in 2010. You can take advantage of this opportunity - we are just one call away.
Are you Eligible for the Senior Citizen Tax Credit?
You can apply for the Senior Citizen Tax Credit during the current tax year if you meet the following conditions on December 31 of the previous year:
- You were 64 years or older on December 31 of the previous year.
- You were a resident of Ontario on December 31 of the previous year.
- You or your spouse/common-law partner occupied an Ontario residence and paid Ontario property taxes in the taxable year.
- You or your spouse has not received the Senior Citizen Tax Credit in the present year.
- You were not confined to a prison or a similar institution in the previous year.
*The senior citizen tax credit is in addition to the Property Tax Grant that you would be eligible for.
Principal Residence in Ontario
The Taxation Act of 2007 has been amended on January 1, 2009 so that residents of trailer parks and life lease residents are also allowed to receive the Senior Citizen Tax Credit.
This change allows senior citizens to claim the grant where their principal residence is a non-seasonal mobile home, a residence occupied pursuant to a prepaid life lease (or a prepaid lease having a term of at least 10 years).
If you own your home but pay lease payments on the property, you are also eligible to claim the Senior Citizen Tax Credit, simply by:
- Determining the amount you paid the owner to compensate for municipal tax assessed against the land
- Determining the amount of municipal tax they paid in the year in respect of non-seasonal mobile home.
The total of the two amounts above will be used to grant you the Senior Citizen Tax Credit.
How Can We Help You Receive the Senior Citizen Tax Credit?
- We will file your personal tax returns at minimal costs to you.
- We will work hard to put more money back into your pockets.
- We will research more tax credits and grants in addition to the Senior Citizen Tax Credit that you are eligible for and make sure you are receiving the highest refunds possible.
We are just one call away! Contact us at 905 789 8827 to book your FREE consultation.